Director of Business Development (SF Bay Area)
Motorq is the leading API and machine learning analytics company for embedded OEM connected car data. Motorq has built deep partnerships with automotive manufacturers and has many of the country’s largest fleets as enterprise customers – we’re processing more than 1 million trip miles and 150 million data points per day.
Our vision is to expand the use of connected car data globally into industries such as insurance, mobile payments, autonomous vehicles, and consumer application via a convenient API based connectivity platform.
Motorq is headquartered in Palo Alto. Please review our website for more information.
Motorq is looking for a seasoned Director of Business Development to drive our strategic partnerships in the automotive and fleet management industries, and beyond. This is an incredible opportunity to expand upon our existing relationships and secure new partnerships. You will help drive the company’s go-to-market strategy and your contributions will be critical to the success of the company.
- Lead the partnership process for developing relationships in the automotive, fleet, dealer group, insurance, and mobility industries.
- Develop partnership and business development strategy based on research, expertise and understanding of Motorq’s strategy and goals. Build consensus for recommendations with internal teams and executives.
- Build and manage relationships within partner companies from day-to-day project teams to executives.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with strategic partners, acting as main point of contact for day-to-day operations and programs.
- 4-6 years of work experience in business development, strategic partnerships or account management in the automotive or technology sector.
- Excellent project management, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to develop and maintain quality relationships with 3rd party partners.
- Self-motivation, strong attention to detail, and a sense of urgency around delivering on team goals. Ability to thrive in ambiguity and a fast-paced environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in applied math, sciences or engineering and MBA or graduate degree in a management or technical field (preferred but not required).
- Strong analytical and reasoning skills with technical, contractual and financial issues. Impeccable business judgement.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, for successful collaboration with customers, engineers, product managers and others; Executive presence.
We have all the perks of a Valley startup, including:
- Experienced leadership with a great track record of growing startups
- Stock options
- Coverage for (health, dental, vision) including qualified dependents
Motorq is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment that fosters learning from each other. We celebrate people of diverse backgrounds, experiences, skills, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to providing a work environment free of harassment and discrimination.
If you would like to know more about this opportunity, please email us at email@example.com
Data Analyst (Chennai)
Our team is growing rapidly to support our expanding customer base and product development efforts. Motorq’s core products – car data and analytics – are delivered through a suite of technologies. We are looking for a world-class Data Analyst to join our team.
The ideal candidate has a track record of generating insights from large datasets that deliver high business impact. Through close collaboration with our product and engineering teams, this individual will be instrumental in developing Motorq’s data and analytics products.
This role is full-time and will be based out of Motorq’s Chennai office, co-located with our India-based engineering and data science teams that are developing our cutting-edge products.
• Design, implement and maintain robust and reliable analytics systems and models (mostly non-ML) to understand data characteristics, develop analytics product requirements, validate product functionality against specifications, and ensure production data integrity
• Generate insights, develop hypotheses, and create logical stories through analysis of large datasets in order to understand and address business needs
• Passionate about solving complex, real, and high-scale customer problems
• Self-driven and motivated by owning and driving projects forward
• Ability to balance attention to detail with big-picture thinking
• Strong data analytics fundamentals and experience with the core data analysis tools, including R, Python, SQL, Excel, and data visualization software
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Excited about working in a fast-paced, dream-big, collaborative, and open environment
• 1+ year(s) in a data analyst or data scientist role, ideally in a software company
To learn more about this role or to apply, please e-mail Yeswanth at firstname.lastname@example.org
Software Development Engineer (Seattle Area)
- Working with a fun team and building exciting software services and applications
- Designing & building scalable, reliable, secure, high quality software services to serve our APIs to our customers
- Designing & building analytics and actionable insights on top of large volumes of data
- Building applications that greatly increase productivity and efficiency of our customers
- Writing tests and automation to maintain the quality of our codebase and prevent regression
- Helping with deployment and support
- Working with customers
- Supporting requests from business and product teams
- You love building software
- Strong CS background
- Self driven
- Eager to learn
- Love working in teams, helping team mates
- Passion for quality